Urgently Required – Network System Administrator
TITLE : Systems Administrator, Network
Information Process Solutions (IPS), Infrastructure Operations SDC (Service Desk Center) Jakarta with periodic international travel.
Responsible for the administration of one or more of the following data systems :
Computer systems hardware, software, information systems & peripheral equipments such as routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, IPS, wireless, proxies, load balancers and IPT etc…
Maintain, install, upgrade and configure data systems, administers network operating systems, and maintain basic security and recovery procedures such as scheduling and backups.
Under general supervision, and occasional direct supervision, performs assignments requiring experience and knowledge of standard concepts within their field.
Displays core job competencies by analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures while developing advanced skills.
Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 2+ years of experience, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide first level support for all networking hardware and software
2. Install, configure and maintain networking equipment and network operating systems
3. Monitor and configure networks to optimize performance and resolve faults
4. Undertake recovery action in the event of a system failure
5. Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions
6. Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures
7. Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability
8. Plan and implement maintenance and upgrades for system software and hardware
9. Document network problems and resolutions for future reference
10. Adhere to ITIL framework established for incident, problem, change, capacity, configuration, available, service continuity and service level management. Effectively utilize the system tools available to support this ITIL framework
Required education, skills and experience :
– Candidate must have a BS in Computer Science / Electronics / Information Technology or equivalent.
– Candidate must have at least 2+ years of IT LAN/WAN networking experience.
– Possess a good understanding of network operating systems, network security, network equipment and networking protocols
– Experience in troubleshooting large enterprise LAN/WAN technology, to include routing, switching, wireless, IPT, firewall and VPN technology
– Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work in a team environment and/or as an individual contributor, as required.
– Certifications in Cisco (CCNA, CCNP) and Microsoft (MCTS-ISA) are preferred.
The successful candidate must possess the following competencies :
Position requires a good team player with excellent technical and problem solving skills.
Team focus :
Candidate must recognize the value of teams and acts on opportunities to collaborate with others within and beyond the team. Recognizes the benefits of teamwork, works effectively as part of the team and helps team members in difficulty.
Logical analysis/problem solving :
Job requires employee to think through and solve complex problems step by step; often looking beyond the obvious solution to a, problem. Often the incumbent is faced with several problems simultaneously, with the problems sometimes inter-related, increasing the complexity of the solution.
Individual innovation :
Job requires employee to work on projects which may not have a clearly defined direction at the beginning. Incumbent must motivate him/herself, define a path forward and present it for approval based on being provided general direction. Ability to devise, design and propose creative but realistic solutions to complex business issues